Built with & Updated for Scilab 5.5.0
Works for any Scilab release.
.sce .sci .tst .start files are considered as Scilab ones.
Syntax colorization and completion for ~5000 functions and their parameters.
In addition to Scilab 5.5.0, functions of the most used ATOMS external modules
* Advanced Neural Network (ANN)
* CelestLab (no colorization)
* Image Processing Design (IPD)
* Lycee (educational, pour les élèves français)
* Matrix Market
* Plotting library (for former Matlabers) (plotlib)
* Scidoe : Design Of Experiment
* Scilab Image & Video Processing (SIVP)
* serial (RS-232 communications)
* socket (IP communications)
* Sound files management (sndfile)
* Stixbox (statistics)(no colorization)
* Time Frequency toolbox (stftb)
* Wavelet Toolbox (swt)
* Colorization and completions occur for these ATOMS modules even if the
modules are not installed in Scilab. This will help you preventing
any potential conflicts with your own variables and functions.
* ANN toolbox: Only syntax colorization is supported. Completion is not
provided for this module (its XML help files do not comply with Scilab
* plotlib: has several functions with same names as native Scilab functions
(plot, subplot...). => arguments completion is provided for both
Scilab and plotlib syntaxes ; plotlib syntaxes are then displayed at
the bottom of the list of possible syntaxes.
The free high level Notepad++ external editor can propose an advanced feature
(unavailable in the embedded Scilab editor): All calling sequences of a function
-- also called synopses -- can be displayed when typing the opening
"(". This feature is enabled by the scilab.xml file provided
here-below. It greatly helps in reminding on-the-fly the expected lists of
scilab.xml also enables completion of function names through the full list of
functions for Scilab and some ATOMS modules.
Other Notepad++ features such as syntax colorization, folding / unfolding of
block of statements, parentheses or brackets or braces matching, etc.. are
defined and proposed for Scilab through the UserDefineLang.xml file.
The two main subsets of reserved Scilab keywords (built-in functions, and
macros) are extensively given for syntax highlightment, including undocumented
REMARKS about syntax parsing rules
* The single quote _'_ cannot be declared as an alternative string delimiter.
Otherwise, Notepad++ would parse the ' transposition operator as the opening of
a string, making a big part of the following code wrongly parsed.
HOW TO SET Notepad++ to autocomplete Scilab functions and parameters:
In Notepad++ :
In the menu Settings => Preferences => Tab: Auto-completion:
In the Auto-completion frame: check "enable auto-completion on each
input" and "Function and word completion".
Management of files provided through this module is described below.